Manchester United are interested in signing Federico Valverde from Real Madrid, according to . It has been reported by the British tabloid that Premier League giants United are keeping an eye on the 22-year-old midfielder should Paul Pogba leave for Madrid next summer.
Valverde has been at Madrid since 2016 when he joined from Penarol and reportedly has a buyout clause of £640 million. The youngster was on loan at Deportivo La Coruna during the 2017-18 season and is starting to make himself a big figure in Zinedine Zidane’s first-team squad.
According to , Valverde made three starts and two substitute appearances in La Liga for Madrid so far this season, scoring one goal in the process. During the 2019-20 campaign, the 22-year-old made 21 starts and 12 substitute app…
Zinedine Zidane and Sergio Ramos dismissed the importance of Neymar s absence for Paris Saint-Germain, highlighting the threat of former Real Madrid star Angel Di Maria, who is set to replace the Brazilian in the Champions League on Tuesday.
Madrid travel to Paris with a 3-1 advantage from the first leg at the Santiago Bernabeu in their round-of-16 clash.
They also received a boost last week when it became apparent Brazil star Neymar will miss out after fracturing his foot in a Ligue 1 match.
But Zidane and captain Ramos claimed that will not make a huge difference, as they both pointed out Di Maria, who played for Madrid between 2010 and 2014, is expected to be the one to benefit from Neymar s absence.
When asked about the importance of Neymar s injury, …
Carlo Ancelotti has reaffirmed there is no problem with Eden Hazard, who is finding Real Madrid game time hard to come by.
Hazard was an unused substitute in both of Madrid s Supercopa de Espana matches last week in Saudi Araba, as Los Blancos went on to win their first trophy of Ancelotti s second spell in charge.
The former Chelsea star, who turned 31 earlier in January, has endured an injury hit time at Santiago Bernabeu since his big-money move in 2019.
While he has in the main avoided injuries so far this season, Hazard has only made eight starts across all competitions, with his game time totalling 724 minutes.
Hazard has only completed a game on one occasion this season, having been subbed off in his other seven starts, and he has only assisted on …
Manchester City made hard work of a 2-0 win at Peterborough United to advance to the FA Cup quarter-finals on Tuesday.
Premier League leaders City named a strong side – captained by Oleksandr Zinchenko in a show of solidarity with Ukraine – but toiled against the Championship strugglers.
The Posh had the game s clearest opportunities up until the hour mark when Phil Foden took control of proceedings, teeing up both Riyad Mahrez and Jack Grealish to take the tie away from the home team.
It was reward for City s perseverance, having piled on the pressure from the outset on a patchy Peterborough pitch.
The best chance of the first half came at the other end when Jeando Fuchs got in behind Nathan Ake and saw a low, deflected effort touched around the post…
Bournemouth s poor record against Manchester City is inspiring Eddie Howe to oversee an improvement and he believes halting Raheem Sterling will be vital to avoiding defeat.
The Cherries won promotion to the Premier League under Howe in 2015, yet they have never beaten City in the competition, losing all eight of their top-flight meetings by an aggregate score of 25-3.
But Howe says Bournemouth s dismal recent history in this fixture – with City set to visit on Sunday – does not cause him concern, instead providing a motivating factor.
It inspires me, Howe told a news conference. We ve got to try to turn that around and use that record to inspire us in this game.
I don t think we re the only team to suffer a bad record against Manchester City in rec…